The articles that are published in the Economic Insights - Trends and Challenges follow a double blind peer-review procedure. Thus, each paper registered for publication is separately assessed and reviewed by two reviewers who will not be aware of the author’s identity. In their turn, the authors do not know the reviewers’ identity.
The scientific review is accomplished by outstanding specialists in the field of the article under review.
The appointed scientific reviewers may belong to the scientific committee of the Economic Insights - Trends and Challenges or not.
Having followed the editing requirements, the manuscript is sent to the two reviewers appointed by the editorial board for that respective topic. They must send their decision to the Editor within 20 days after they have received the manuscript to be reviewed.
The assessment criteria are mainly the following:
- Relevance of the domain under focus and of the information provided;
- Creativity and originality, especially in interpretations and conclusions;
- Usefulness and opportunity of the results against the current background;
- Compliance with the ethics;
- Compliance with article structure (abstract, key words, introduction, body of the paper, conclusions);
- Accuracy of the content;
- Style clarity and accessibility;
The reviewers shall fill in a form taking into account the main criteria and send it to the Editor. The latter shall inform the authors about the reviewers’ decision as regards the reviewed article.
The reviewer shall express his decision in one of the following terms:
1) Accepted without objections;
2) Accepted with observations;
Besides the reasons concerning the scientific content of the article, the reviewer may reject the manuscript whenever he/she ascertains a case of plagiarism or compiling.
In case the article is “accepted without objections”, the editorial board is entitled to demand the authors to make certain changes as regards both the layout and the content of the paper, whenever necessary.
The articles accompanied by the review are sent to the Editor in Chief of the Economic Insights - Trends and Challenges who classifies them into the following categories:
- Articles to be published are scheduled for publication in a chronological order, according to their registration and to the end point of the review procedure;
- Publication waiting list includes articles that require further improvement according to the reviewers’ comments;
- Not to be published articles.